By booking with I Like To Move It Move It House Removals London you are entering into an agreement with us and accepting the following terms and conditions:
1) Goods must be ready for removal in good time before collection. Hourly charges (if they apply to your booking) will start promptly upon arrival and greeting.
2) For hourly chargeable services (man & van hire, Ikea pickup & assembly assembly) we charge in 1 hour units and on the hour. We do not charge in 15 min or 30 min units.
3) Cancellations made up to 72hrs before the scheduled, agreed moving time will not incur any charges. Cancellations made within 48hrs, however, will incur a ‘call-out’ fee of 50% of the total booking cost. Cancellations within 24hours will be fully charged.
4) Where, packing service is not provided, it is the responsibility of the client to ensure that all goods and items to be moved are packed properly. We accept no liability for breakage or damage of goods that have not been packed using adequate means.
5) All claims must be made within 48 hours and are subject to an excess of £250.
6) At the customer’s request we may be required to disassemble/reassemble, disconnect/reconnect goods and appliances in order to make the move successful. However, we cannot accept any liability for damage caused during while performing such tasks.
7) For hourly chargeable services (man & van hire, Ikea pickup & assembly), all payments are due immediately once the move has been completed. If there are circumstances where payment is not able to made then we reserve the right to hold onto any goods of equivalent value until the balance outstanding is paid. Any storage costs will be borne by the customer having failed to honor the agreement to pay upon completion o the job.
8) Job arrival times are estimated arrival times. We do not guarantee arrival at a given time. Although we do our best to arrive on time (We arrive on time for over 95% of our bookings) unforeseen circumstances (weather, traffic) will sometimes cause delays for which we accept no liability.
9) It is solely the responsibility of the customer to provide suitable and adequate parking prior to the removal. If a penalty charge is incurred by one of our drivers, we must charge this to you and we expect immediate payment in full. We will always do what we can (within the law) to prevent such things happening. If on subsequent successful appeal the PCN is cancelled we will then reimburse.
10) Our Van’s have payload capacity of approx 1200kg. We are required by law not to exceed this weight for the safety of the van, and other vehicles. If the total weight of the move exceeds 1500kg then 2 or more trips should made. We cannot overload the van as it is a criminal offence.
11) We reserve the right to charge for additional services that may be entailed (disassembling, disconnection removal of doors, gaining entry, delays caused by but not limited to waiting for keys, unfinished packing).
12) You may incur additional charges if the amount of goods for removal exceeds on the day the amount of good quoted for removal. Additional items for removal that do not entail a significant delay or increased work for our drivers will not usually incur additional charges. However, where a misquote entails significant additional work and or delays we will apply additional charges which will be calculated according to the quantity of additional items and in consideration of the delay caused. We reserve the right to limit the booking to the items that were quoted for removal at our own discretion.
13) The following items will not be transported without prior agreement: precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or collections.
14) Items prohibited by UK law will not be transported. This includes but is not limited to: stolen goods, illegal drugs, dangerous, volatile and explosive materials or substances, including but not limited to: gas bottles, firearms and ammunition.